Visiting Walt Disney’s Most Magical Place on Earth is a rite of passage. For many kids and families, it’s a much-hyped bucket-list experience. During this special Club Escape to Disney World, reconnect with family while discovering Orlando’s luxurious side. The chic, 443-room Four Seasons Orlando® houses an exclusive adult-only pool and a complimentary Kids Camp.
10 Tips to Disney-ing
1. HANG TIME. The Four Seasons Orlando is reason enough for an Orlando visit. The kids may hope you’re planning to hit theme parks every day, but allow at least one full day at this exceptional luxury resort. With three pools (one adult-only), two waterslides, a lazy river, and the Kids Camp, there’s plenty to keep the little ones, and parents, busy.
2. TECH TALK. Visit any Disney park and there’s talk of the Fast Pass. Time is luxury these days, and with the Fast Pass you won’t have impatient tykes asking how many more minutes until hopping on their dream ride.
3. SPA SCENE. Mom and Dad, you’ve earned some R+R. At The Spa at the Four Seasons Orlando, expect sleek modern design, 18 treatment rooms, private men and women’s relaxation lounges, and an extensive wellness menu (try the La Floridian body therapy or the Fire & Ice Facial).
4. TOP TABLES. Celebrity chefs are either staking their Orlando claim, or visiting the city for special culinary events, including star-studded James Beard dinners at the Four Seasons’ rooftop Capa restaurant. Other top tables include Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs (excellent sushi and divine noodle dishes), and Winter Park’s Ravenous Pig (order the shrimp and grits).
5. CHILD’S PLAY. Explorer Island, where kids ages 4-12 are entertained and supervised (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.) is a Four Seasons Orlando highlight. It has a five-acre water park with two water slides, a family pool, splash zone, lazy river winding around a “ruined” mansion, and climbing wall. Play beach volleyball and basketball, hit a video gaming center, and plan for outdoor movie nights on the Starstruck screen.
6. TEE TIME. In addition to three Har-Tru courts for the tennis lover and the 24-hour fitness center, the Tranquilo Golf Club features an 18-hole Tom Fazio-designed golf course. If you’re a golfer, slate time for a day on the greens.
7. SHOP. Check out the Four Seasons’ Wardrobe boutique for such custom design collaborations as Minnie ears by Missoni. The high-end Italian designer features its custom zigzag weave on the iconic Minnie ears. Additional collaborations include shirts by James Perse and jewelry by Kimberly McDonald.
8. BESPOKE DISNEY. Two Disney Parks are included in the Escape, and complimentary transportation is provided to the main Disney theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios) in plush motor coaches. On-site Disney Character Breakfasts, named “The Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy and Pals,” are featured twice weekly. Want breakfast with Anna and Elsa from Frozen? It can be arranged (for a fee) in one of the resort’s private event spaces.
9. DISNEY SPRINGS. Don’t miss this new Disney hot spot. Located along a charming waterfront walkway, expect a festive mix of dining, shopping, and high-tech, Disney-themed entertainment. Look for such acts as Cirque du Soleil La Nouba, Exposition Park, and the DisneyQuest Interactive Theme Park.
10. AVATAR LAND. Located at Animal Kingdom, the new “Pandora – The World of AVATAR!” features incredible floating mountains and an iconic nighttime jungle filled with bioluminescent flora. Look for interactive Avatar expeditions, in addition to themed dining and only-at-Disney shopping.
YOUR HIT LIST TO DISNEY FOR ADULTS
1. Dine at Epcot’s LA CAVA DEL TEQUILA, with signature margs, 100 tequilas, and tasty tapas.
2. Channel Sweet Emotion at Hollywood Studios’ ROCK ’N’ ROLLER COASTER STARRING AEROSMITH, which has plenty of twists and turns set to the band’s classic hits.
3. Refuel with decadent sushi and sake at MORIMOTO ASIA, located at Disney Springs.