You will create new designs, wireframes, and prototypes for both web and react native solutions. As we move more into mobile responsive and native mobile technologies your job will become more mobile centric. Moving from insights to ideas, you will creatively solve complex problems, threading design and business thinking together to deliver inventive, elegant, and thoughtful solutions from concept to launch. In this role you will be bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities. You'll utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement user centric design criteria. A big part of this role is to test the usability of the designs with business and end users using metrics driven methodology. You are expected to be able to build the front-end using CSS, HTML and React Native front-end code. We use mostly Figma, and Sketch and you should be well versed in these technologies. This role focuses 75% on the design side and 25% on the development side.
Additionally, you'll effectively communicate your vision, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually. You'll use a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.), you'll use your narration and storytelling skills to bring design ideas to life, and you'll construct quick prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that illustrate your UX design that present a realistic feel of the intended experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translate complex product requirements into easy and intuitive user flows using various design tools
- Identify overarching interaction and style patterns to ensure a consistent user experience
- Take a data-driven approach to influence your visual and interaction design decisions
- Explain your ideas, designs, and best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Stakeholders, Business Analysts and Engineers throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Connected to the design community with a passion for design
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant industry experience designing mobile applications, websites, and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, (Graphic) Design with emphasis on UX or equivalent experience
- Understanding of mobile application development processes (Apple IOS, Android, React Native)
- A passion for user-centered design and innovation
- Experience with creating wireframes, mockups, and prototypes using tools like Figma, Sketch, Balsamiq, Adobe CS and Invision
- Ability to create branches, and manage code using Bitbucket
- Experience with diagramming user workflows
- A firm understanding of user research and usability testing techniques
- Experience with Agile software development processes and methodologies