Residence Manager, Kiawah
In order to succeed, it is imperative that expectations are properly set from the beginning. A traditional job description never fully embraces the essence of a hospitality position, but it certainly outlines the basic expectations of the job.The Residence Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the destination. The Residence Manager plays an integral role in creating an exceptional service experience for Exclusive Resorts members. Some of the key areas the Residence Manager is responsible for are overall service of concierge, housekeeping and property management, member satisfaction, vendor relations and supervision, employee performance, inventories, monthly reports, budgets, and overall condition and upkeep of the destination. This position also serves a critical role in supporting the existing team during busier periods, days off and while covering for employee vacations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes but is not limited to the following oversight:
- Ensures service standards are met and/or exceeded.
- Understands and is able to perform concierge duties when needed; knowledge and ability to perform duties without reluctance or indecision.
- Uses member profiles to proactively engage members traveling to the destination and support the concierge while starting their pre-planning process for their visit.
- Determines needs and scheduling for residence deep cleans; manages the deep clean projects on site.
- Responds to elevated communications from members and the corporate office with urgency
- Responds to elevated in-house member requests with urgency
- Engages with members, proactively, during their visit and follow up with select member surveys after their departure
- Provides service to members related to their use of the destination and enjoyment of surrounding attractions while maintaining a professional appearance and courteous demeanor.
- Oversees special and unique requests from members while in destination. Makes determination of outcome of the request.
- Manages destination house bills, ensuring compliance according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Able to assist with member grocery requests when needed, ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Remains accessible for members and staff to ensure excellent communication and service in the destination.
- Oversees and manages daily housekeeping and cleaning services that are provided by a housekeeping vendor. Ensures all housekeeping standards are met and maintained.
- Conducts frequent walkthroughs of homes with Housekeeping vendor, ensuring that all items noted are followed up on and completed.
- Oversees and manages property management vendor; ensures all physical aspects of the destination are working at all times.
- Conducts frequent walkthroughs of homes with Property Maintenance vendor.
- Executes maintenance of destination by directing property management vendor.
- Evaluates and fixes any concerns with members, concierge, housekeeping and property maintenance in the destination while reporting them to the Regional Director.
- Provides event management and coordination for member requested special events or corporate special events (arrangement of private parties etc.).
- Conducts tours of destination for prospective members.
- Works in conjunction with Real Estate to bring units into inventory and operational status by participating in training, tracking turnover of property, following up on punch lists, etc.
- Manages outstanding projects as determined by the Regional Director.
- Interviews, hires, and certifies training and development of concierge, housekeeping, and maintenance according to ER standards.
- Delivers disciplinary actions and documentation of concierge, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Performs performance evaluations and training for concierge, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly analysis. Reports all financial expenditures related to the destination.
- Communicates with Exclusive Resorts Content Management Team regarding any changes within the destination for purposes of member and internal communication as well as performing quarterly audits of all member confirmations, concierge welcome emails, The Source, and in-residence materials.
- Maintains the consumables closet and ensures all supplies are up to quantity standards. Provides corporate office with a monthly inventory of consumables and linen discard.
- Obtains project proposals from third-party vendors to submit for approval. Manages and inspects projects conducted within the destination.
- Works in conjunction with Corporate Office on implementation of new procedures; responsible for training on site staff on any new procedures.
- Ensures all grooming standards are met for onsite staff, according to ER standards.
- Maintains a list of preferred vendors, as well as insurance monitoring company’s software system.
- Liases with the key stakeholders in the POA and On-site amenities and outlet managers
- Maintains accurate inventory of all Operating Supplies & Equipment within the destination and provide accurate information to Regional Director for replenishment.
- Requests maintenance blocks and ensure they are coded appropriately.
- Facilitates a weekly destination calls with staff, vendors, and corporate office.
- Prepares and submits billing invoices according to Exclusive Resorts standards.