Residence Manager, Deer Valley
The Residence Manger is responsible for the overall operation of the destination. The Residence Manager plays an integral role in creating an exceptional service experience for Exclusive Resorts members. Some of the key areas the Residence Manager is responsible for are overall service of concierge, housekeeping and property management, member satisfaction, vendor relations and supervision, employee performance, inventories, monthly reports, budgets, and overall condition and upkeep of the destination.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Oversees and manages concierge staff; ensuring service standards are met and/or exceeded.
- Performs concierge duties when needed; knowledge and ability to perform duties without reluctance or indecision.
- Determines needs and scheduling for residence deep cleans; manages the deep clean projects on site.
- Responds to elevated communications from members and the corporate office within 24 hours of delivery, when the Concierge is not available. Responds to elevated in-house member requests within two hours.
- Provides service to members related to their use of the destination and enjoyment of surrounding attractions while maintaining a professional appearance and courteous demeanor.
- Oversees special and unique requests from members while in destination. Makes determination of outcome of the request.
- Audits Concierge house bills, ensuring compliance according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for reimbursements, petty cash, and corporate credit card payments to concierge.
- Oversees member grocery requests, ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Remains accessible for member needs at all times during the member’s stay in the destination.
- Oversees and manages daily housekeeping and cleaning services that are provided by a housekeeping vendor. Ensures all housekeeping standards are met and maintained.
- Conducts weekly walkthroughs of homes with Housekeeping vendor, ensuring that all items noted are followed up on and completed.
- Oversees and manages property management vendor; ensures all physical aspects of the destination are working at all times.
- Conducts weekly walkthroughs of homes with Property Maintenance vendor.
- Executes maintenance of destination by directing property management vendor.
- If destination is a Club or Hotel partner, Residence Manager works with hotel General Manager and Department Heads to ensure Exclusive Resorts levels of service are integrated with the hotels’ procedures in accordance with service agreements.
- Evaluates and fixes any concerns with members, concierge, housekeeping and property maintenance in the destination while reporting them to the Resort Manager.
- Provides event management and coordination for member requested special events or corporate special events (arrangement of private parties etc.).
- Conducts tours of destination for prospective members.
- Works in conjunction with Real Estate to bring units into inventory and operational status by participating in training, tracking turnover of property, following up on punch lists, etc.
- Manages outstanding projects as determined by the Regional Manager.
- Interviews, hires, and certifies training and development of concierge, housekeeping, and maintenance according to Exclusive Resorts standards.
- Delivers disciplinary actions and documentation of concierge, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Performs performance evaluations and recertification training for concierge, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly analysis. Reports all financial expenditures related to the destination.
- Communicates with Exclusive Resorts Content Management Team regarding any changes within the destination for purposes of member and internal communication as well as performing quarterly audits of all member confirmations, concierge welcome emails, The Source, and in-residence materials.
- Maintains the consumables closet and ensures all supplies are up to quantity standards. Provides corporate office with a monthly inventory of consumables.
- Obtains project proposals from third-party vendors to submit for approval. Manages and inspects projects conducted within the destination.
- Works in conjunction with Corporate Office on implementation of new procedures; responsible for training on site staff on any new procedures.
- Ensures all grooming standards are met for onsite staff, according to Exclusive Resorts standards.
- Maintains a list of preferred vendors, as well as insurance monitoring company’s software system.
- Negotiates third-party service contracts for destination.
- Maintains accurate inventory of all Operating Supplies & Equipment within the destination and provide accurate information to Real Estate Managers for replenishment.
- Requests maintenance blocks and ensure they are coded appropriately.
- Facilitates a weekly destination calls with staff, vendors, and corporate office.
- Prepares and submits billing invoices according to Exclusive Resorts standards.
- Supervises concierge, housekeeping, maintenance, and third-party vendors.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Five – ten years hospitality experience is required. Previous management experience of leading a team and 3rd party vendors is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.