Part-Time Maintenance Technician, Deer Valley
The Part-Time Maintenance Technician is responsible for the daily/routine maintenance of the resort buildings of various facilities on property. Areas of knowledge and experience would include carpentry, skilled in electricity and controls, skilled in air conditioning/heating and refrigeration, skilled in plumbing, and preventative maintenance and hot tub care. This position is 24 hrs/week and eligible for benefits, PTO accrual and employee travel options.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs multi-skilled duties in the maintenance and repair of resort buildings, systems and equipment.
- Provides a variety of general, mechanic and preventative maintenance duties as well as inspections servicing, repair and overhaul of equipment for resort satellite buildings.
- Works independently coordinating daily work flow in maintaining assigned buildings & projects.
- Prioritizes repair requests and plans work to ensure necessary parts are available and tasks are completed quickly and efficiently.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Plan and lay out repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery found in kitchens, laundries, mechanical rooms, and offices.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Respond immediately to fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property.
- Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential job functions related or unrelated as required or assigned by the Maintenance Manager or designee per Engineering Team duties may include but not limited to; rotating shift or any other unrelated engineering job functions.
Requires a minimum one year of general building maintenance experience or equivalent technical training. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with guests and coworkers is also required. Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekend duty. The equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered. Must be able to speak English.