Maintenance Technician II - Napa, CA
We are seeking a seasoned maintenance professional to join our team in Napa. We are looking for someone who is a highly engaged hands-on leader that will help us manage and direct the operations for our properties at the Carneros Inn. The successful Maintenance Technician will strive to find the most cost-effective manner to maintain the property at the established levels of care, protection and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs multi-skilled duties in the maintenance and repair of resort buildings, systems and equipment.
- Provides a variety of general, mechanic and preventative maintenance duties as well as inspections servicing, repair and overhaul of equipment for resort satellite buildings.
- Works independently coordinating daily work flow in maintaining assigned buildings & projects.
- Prioritizes repair requests and plans work to ensure necessary parts are available and tasks are completed quickly and efficiently.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Plan and lay out repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery found in kitchens, laundries, mechanical rooms, and offices.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Respond immediately to fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property.
- Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential job functions related or unrelated as required or assigned by the Maintenance Manager or designee per Engineering Team duties, may include but not limited to; rotating shift or any other unrelated engineering job functions.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of maintenance experience (hotels or similar industries, equivalent trade school, special courses in building maintenance and MEP’s) and enjoy working independently and with a team, while also interacting directly with customers to achieve guest satisfaction.
The successful candidate will focus on (but not limited to) installation, application, and maintenance of general building finishes such as painting, drywall, carpet, tile and molding, fittings fixtures and accessories. You will be required to troubleshoot and perform maintenance and repair on various types of equipment, HVAC, plumbing system maintenance, electrical components, cosmetic items, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other home items.
You must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekend duty.