Intern, Accounts Receivable
We are looking for an intern to join our team to help with Member billing and payment application and for someone that is eager to learn about the day-to-day activities that occur on our Accounts Receivable Team to support a fast-paced, high-growth, and employer-of-choice organization.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to enter the Accounting field and grow their systems and processing skillsets. In this role, you will primarily be responsible for invoicing and payment application (working with multiple departments to align data, processing, and reporting), reviewing aging reports, and coordinating with other members of the accounting and finance team to review financial information for accuracy.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices
- Research discrepancies and works to resolve them quickly and efficiently
- Coordinate with all departments to gather, reconcile, analyze, and summarize data.
- End of the month reporting
- Work with the Accounting Team and cross-functionally throughout the organization
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Commitment to detail that includes taking pride in providing an excellent end product and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team and cross-functionally with other teams
- Very strong Excel proficiency
- A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university is required