Interior Design Director
We are seeking a talented Interior Design Manager to create a design vision for the organization’s portfolio of over 400 residences worldwide. This position will lead design aesthetic and initiatives, enhance existing practices and provide creative solutions through all phases of design projects. This is a great role for a creative, collaborative, and talented designer that has experience with hospitality, commercial interior and/or residential design projects. In this role, you will work on all aspects of high-profile design projects from concept to completion, including technical design to FF&E. You will ensure that the aesthetics of each space aligns with the overall project design vision. Along the way you will have the opportunity to stretch and grow, while having a great time working in the best corporate culture in the city.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a creative design vision for varied environments and destinations involving spatial and aesthetic elements across our portfolio of residences, Identify top interior design creatives for large transformations and build external partnerships (design/purchasing/logistics) specific to business needs.
- Organize, manage and execute the design vision utilizing creativity, foresight and judgment to meet project requirements, budgets and objectives.
- Manage multiple projects of various scales and demonstrate strong communication skills in a multi-disciplinary team environment. Select a procurement partner with fees commensurate with scope. Select and manage a logistics partner for each project.
- Manage contractual negotiations and ensure contractors adhere to and deliver on statement of work.
- Perform residence reviews and write reports such as feasibility studies, condition reports, and subsequent recommendations. Present findings and recommendations for approval. Create extensive inventory of existing FF&E in each destination to develop a plan to ensure their physical condition continues to meet brand standards over time.
- Responsible for building systems, concepts, and documentation of processes from schematics through construction administration phases.
- Create brand standards for each FF&E category. Provide and receive recommendations and information about all FF&E related projects. This includes scheduling, input on budgeting, design development and participation in the selection of furniture, accessories and specifications.
- Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions. Commission the best creatives to provide a sense of place for residence designs – this includes working with local vendors.
- Ensure that all goods and services comply with local and state building codes, including Flame Codes, UL Ratings, ISPSC, etc.
- Maintain an updated Library by archiving completed drawings, redlines, vendors, suppliers, etc. Maintain a stock of core finish samples, labels, pictures, swatches and/or related materials.
- Provide destination teams with finished plans, specifications, and material selections at the end of each project.
- Ensure timely and comprehensive purchase for all FF&E goods and services required to complete the project on schedule. Procure and install accessories and decoration to complete projects.
- Responsible for developing and managing the in-Residence Brand experience and maintain brand standards with all collateral and branded items. Work with the partnerships team to identify opportunities to leverage brand partnerships for in=home placement to provide benefits to members and the Company.
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideal candidate has 7 – 10 years of experience in high-end residential and/or commercial design.
multi-family residential project experience is preferred.
- You are passionate about design and have a drive for perfection.
- Experience in conceptual design, space planning, design development, material selection, furniture selection and contract documents.
- You must be a fit with who we are, what we do and where we are going.
- Positive attitude and reliability are a must
- Disciplined, strong work ethic, self-motivated and extremely goal-oriented
- Excellent communication skills including listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Solutions oriented mindset
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Autocad
- Travel required at 35 – 50%