Exclusive Resorts is seeking a Cloud Engineer to consolidate Engineering infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based technology, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications. They will possess the ability to customize these technologies to help our business become more secure and efficient. Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance, experience mentoring staff, and advanced industry knowledge are key for this role. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the efficiency of our Engineering operations.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with development teams, DevOps, and other stakeholders to align cloud infrastructure with business needs.
- Deploys and manages cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines and best practices.
- Defines and documents best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Provides guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies.
- Implements strategies for performance, redundancy, failover, and data backup to ensure high availability.
- Creates and configures virtual machines, storage, databases, networks, and other cloud resources using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools.
- Develops scripts to automate routine tasks, deployments, and monitoring processes.
- Develops and implements technical efforts to design, build, and deploy cloud applications at the direction of lead architects, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and advanced analytics.
- Participates in all aspects of the software development life cycle for cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance.
- Employs exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
- Shares expertise through internal training, workshops, and best practices.
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this company and position, the responsibilities of this role may change.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in AWS or Azure (engineering, designing, developing, and implementing).
- Understanding and experience with containerization and orchestrators like Kubernetes (AWS EKS).
- Strong understanding of Cloud Networking technologies (Load Balancing, Transit Gateways, CDN, NAT, DNS, VPC, VPN, TLS/SSL, Dedicated Connections, Routers, and Firewalls).
- Solid experience with Terraform.io, CloudFormation, Lambda, Shell Scripting, or similar automation tools.
- Familiarity with Source Code Management and DevOps tool suites (Git and Bitbucket).
- Extensive experience with Windows and Unix based Operating Systems.
- Excellent understanding of Cloud monitoring tools (AWS CloudWatch, SNS, EventBridge).
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics.
- Proven ability to collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to participate in a 24/7 on call rotation.