Director, Application Development
We help our Club Members get the most out of travel – “time is too short for should haves” and have been doing so for over 20 years. We collaborate with user experience and design, business, and technology partners across the enterprise to build software experiences that engage our Members. Our digital transformation process is just beginning, and we need a leader to help lead critical initiatives.
The Director, Application Development will collaborate with business, operations, and technology partners to deliver the systems integration and process improvement needs for internal and externally facing applications and be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of teams along with recruiting, performance management, career growth and supporting our development, technology, and business needs. In addition, they will be setting up development best practices, processes, and tools to build risk analytics. They will lead multiple parallel initiatives – big and small, develop and document resourcing roadmaps, budgets, and schedules, ensure that the team is properly engaged, aware of career milestones/path, and be aware of their role on the team and how it relates to others to support contributions to our overall goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 10 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or related occupation.
- Typescript/NodeJS/React experience
- Cloud expertise – AWS, Azure
- Messaging – Kinesis, Kafka, Mulesoft
- BI – Power BI and Snowflake
- React, and React Native
- GraphQL/Rest APIs
- Chat systems like Qualified and GetStream
- Headless Content Management Systems like Contentful, Prismic, GraphCMS
- Personalization engines like Braze
- Trading - design patterns for implementing trading workflows
- Finance - financial concepts such as a security, mortgage, liquidity, loan workflows.